Will Baxter, 38, is an independent brand consultant. He helps organisations visualise change.
- iDITLO (illustrated Day In the Life Of)
- Graphic design
- Office branding
- Rich picture
Rail is fascinating from a technological viewpoint as it’s the most energy-efficient form of mass transit on the planet. As the world becomes more populated and natural resources diminish, rail will continue to stand out as the way ahead. This is why we choose to work exclusively for the UK rail industry.
This obviously depends on the complexity of the project, but to give you a rough ballpark…
- We rebranded a £5m company in four-months (logo, website, brochures, corporate video and exhibition stand).
- We completed a three-minute whiteboard style animation for Transport for London in six-weeks.
- We designed a 25-page PowerPoint presentation for Hitachi Information Control Systems Europe in one week.
For one or more of these three reasons:
- Quality. After graduating with a degree in Transport Design, Will completed Interfleet Technology’s (now part of the SNC-Lavalin Atkins group) graduate training scheme. Then followed his six-years of professional consulting with Interfleet Technology, before the desire to strike out on his own was too strong to resist. Fast forward a decade and his clients include TfL (London Underground, DLR & Crossrail 2), Network Rail (Group Digital Railway), Porterbrook, Hitachi Rail Europe and RSSB.
- Cost. Our clients often don’t have some of the specialist services we offer, so it’s more cost effective to use us on a project by project basis than employ a designer full time.
- Speed. Will Baxter has over 10,000 (billable) hours experience in explaining how and why rail organisations operate. As such, you might expect that he knows the quickest way help organisations visualise change.
Our prices are in line with the industry standard for specialist consultancy services. Most of our projects are done on a fixed price basis, but we have a couple of clients where we have a call off contract, and charge a day rate.
Our offices are based in central London, along with 80% of our client base. The other 20% are based in the South West and Midlands. However, we are more than happy to work anywhere within the UK.
Will Baxter, our founder, and director is a designer, illustrator and author. In 2002 he graduated from the University of Huddersfield with a degree in Transport design. After the completion of his final year thesis, the design of a lightweight sportscar, he and fellow student, Colin Williams decided to go the extra mile and put the car, named the Toniq R, into production.
After graduating, Will worked full time as an industrial designer for Interfleet Technology, whilst developing the Toniq R on the weekends. This gave Will his first taste of running his own business. After completing a two-year graduate training scheme at Interfleet Technology, Derby. He stayed with the company for a further five years whilst building a strong network both within the company and their clients.
He has simply just built on these relationships and focused on delivering quality work. This has provided WillB with a niche market (brand consultants to the UK rail industry) within which to specialise.
Traditionally we’ll come in and have an initial free consultation with you, we’ll then come back one week later with an initial itemised quote for the work.
We will then finalise this with you in person. After this, we’ll then request that you raise a purchase order and we’ll start the work. For new clients we may ask for a deposit, however, for returning clients, we’ll invoice monthly with 30-days payment terms.
GRAPHIC DESIGN CONSULTANT
Maryam designs our clients’ print collateral, from brochures, booklets and newspapers.
- Maryam has been working as a freelance graphic designer since she graduated from Middlesex University with a degree in Visual Communications / Graphic Design in 2004.
- Other agencies that she has worked at include Saatchi & Saatchi, AD Creative and Maverick.
- Her experience covers a whole wealth of sectors including from art world to fashion, medical, drinks, charities, luxury, rail, B2B and FMCG.
Mihály sketches our illustrations and infographics.
- Mihály’s has ten years graphic design and illustration experience, with a degree from the Univerity of Szeged, Hungary.
- Mihály’s extremely creative and although able to adapt to clients requirements, have developed his own artistic style of illustration.
- He tells us that the best things come in pairs, his wife and him, their twin boys and his two rabbits.
Rebecca doing live graphic sketching as well as detailed big picture illustrations.
- Rebecca’s experience comes from a foundation as an art therapist and school art teacher
- Rebecca has worked with us on the visualising the operational concepts for the New Tube for London.
- She has recently completed an art exhibition of her own work on show at City Hall.
VIDEO PRODUCTION CONSULTANT
Tom is an award-winning director of photography.
- Tom is our go-to video production man, combining all the skills to capture video and sound as well as edit the video together.
- He has worked with us on the Next Generation Rail video as well as our own marketing videos. His our clients include Channel 4 and Seymour Powell.
- In his spare time Tom is usually planning the next great car show to rival Clarkson and co!